The specific syllabus for cost accounting in a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) program may also vary depending on the university or institution offering the course. However, I can provide you with a general outline of topics commonly covered in a BCom Cost Accounting syllabus.
It’s important to note that the topics are general guidelines and the actual syllabus may vary. To get the most accurate and detailed information, I recommend referring to the syllabus also provided by the specific institution or university offering the BCom Cost Accounting course.
Basically, Cost Accounting is a branch of accounting that focuses on the measurement, analysis, and control of costs associated with producing goods or providing services. It also involves collecting, classifying, analyzing, and interpreting cost data to aid in managerial decision-making, cost control, and performance evaluation.
Cost concepts and terminology: Understanding the different types of costs, cost behavior patterns, cost classifications, and then cost terms used in cost accounting.
Cost accumulation methods: Learning how to accumulate costs by different methods, such as job costing, process costing, and activity-based costing.
Allocation and apportionment: Understanding how costs are allocated and apportioned to different cost centers or departments within an organization.
Cost analysis and decision making: Applying cost analysis techniques to make decisions related to pricing, product mix, make-or-buy decisions, and then short-term and long-term planning.
Budgeting and variance analysis: Learning how to prepare budgets, analyze variances between actual and budgeted costs, and then take corrective actions.
List of subjects in BCom Cost Accounting:
- Meaning and scope of cost accounting
- Objectives and importance of cost accounting
- Introduction to Cost Accounting:
- Differences between financial accounting and cost accounting
- Cost accounting terminology and concepts
- Cost Classification and Cost Elements:
- Classification of costs
- Direct costs and indirect costs
- Cost centers and cost allocation methods
- Cost Analysis and Cost Behavior
- Cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis
- Break-even analysis
- Contribution margin analysis
- Budgeting and Standard Costing
- Value analysis and value engineering
- Emerging Topics in Cost Accounting:
- Environmental cost accounting
- Activity-based management (ABM)
- Target costing and life cycle costing
Admissions 2023 are open in our institution for online and distance modes of education. Here we offer all bachelor’s, master’s, diploma, and certificate courses in both distance and online modes. Also, you can find various professional and international programs. Every student of Vedha Samhitha Educational Services will be guided by individual counselors. So that, they can easily clarify their doubt about their educational needs.
For More Info: