Bachelor of Social Work course is an undergraduate degree program. Moreover Social Work refers to various services designed to aid the poor and aged and to increase their welfare.
Hence the minimum duration of completing this course is 3 years and the maximum duration of completing this course is 6 years. And Bachelor of Social Work in distance education is also available as Full-Time Course and through Distance Education Program or Correspondence.
It is also referred to as BSW which stands for Bachelor of Arts in Social Work. Social Work Courses impart education on the values of Social Work and Putting these principles into practice consciously.
Through Bachelor of Social Work course, one can become a social worker who can assist people suffering from homelessness, poverty, violence, abuses.
This course is most suited to people who want to bring a change in the society through Social Work which may include helping the repressed and the underprivileged.
Bachelor of Social Work Course Eligibility:
Admission for the Bachelor of Social Work in India requires the aspirants to complete their higher education 10+2 from any recognized institution. It is an ideal course for aspirants who have completed their higher education in humanities and science background. All the Bachelor of Social works graduates to have scored a minimum of 50 % aggregate marks in their Secondary and Higher Secondary Education to be eligible for a degree in this course. There is no specific age limit or criteria for getting admission.
- Aspiring Bachelor of Social works graduates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from a government recognized school board.
- Students with a background in social work, psychology, social science, sociology or any other related fields will get preference over others.
- Some Institutes also conduct a written test followed by a personal interview for admission.
- They should have the ability to listen carefully, ask questions and retain verbally transmitted information. This is crucial to the counseling aspect of social work.
- Bachelor of Social works graduates should also be able to evaluate one’s own performance and work toward improving it. This is an invaluable skill.
- Applicants also possess the ability to coordinate communication and action among multiple parties. As the work of social workers it is to connect people to one another.
Bachelor of Social Work aspirants should possess critical, analytical skills and work, empathy, effective communication, policy management, and decision-making skills. In addition, they have to be confident, dedicated and committed to their aspiration. By studying the Bachelor of Social Works in distance education the skills they can gain are various. Some of them are Problem Solving Skills, Analytical Skills, Strong Work Ethics, Management Skills, Goal-Oriented, Inquisitive etc.
Why choose us?
Are you curious to start a Bachelor of Social Work in distance education or online education degree program? Then visit or contact Vedha Samhitha Educational Services in Coimbatore. While you enroll in your distance / online education course through our institution, you can additionally have 7 value-added courses and their certificates for free. Moreover, these value-added courses provided a deeper insight into the management field. The courses are HR, Technology Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance and accounting, Digital marketing, Sales and Marketing, and Personal Branding.
For More Info:
Call: 7094434707, 7094434710,